my mom and I got into an argument one time and then we started getting really emotional and she said “Obama means family” and I swear I never cried so hard in my life
WAIT IT’S SUPPOSED TO SAY OHANA NOT OBAMA THE PRESIDENT ISN’T PULLING MY FAMILY TOGETHER
Things that say a lot about people:
- the way which they treat the waiter/waitress
- how they feel about the weather
- whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
- and hands in general
- their preferred creative outlet
- how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
- whether or not they drink coffee
- if they ever forget to eat
- how honest they are with themselves (and others)
- if they correct your grammar
- how they treat their parents
speaking of art history
this is Undine by Chauncey Bradley Ives. she’s at the Smithsonian.
and this is her from the back
that is marble, y’all.
carved so thin you can SEE THE LIGHT THROUGH IT.
fucking art, y’all.
the realism of thin fabric folding and draping over a freaking perfectly sculpted body is killing me
I’ve seen this and it’s so beautiful in person.